KTVN has an immediate opening for an IT Technician.
IT Technician provides support to end users on a variety of technology issues. This position resolves technical problems, through identification and research, on computers, servers, mobile devices, email and other computing systems; responds to telephone calls, help desk tickets, email, and personnel requests for technical support; documents, tracks, and monitors the problem to ensure resolution and maintains information systems availability, security, and reliability.
- Support a wide variety of IT hardware, software, and operating systems.
- Identify and troubleshoot network configurations and connectivity problems
- Enforce standard practice security policies and procedures relating to IT; in addition to organization-specific policies
- Assist the IT Director in determining strategic and operational needs, asset acquisition, and accomplish business objectives
The Ideal Candidate Should Have
- Industry certifications acquired (or in progress), such as CompTia’s A+, are preferred.
- Technical school (or college) in the IT field preferred.
- Willingness and ability to work overtime, weekend, after hours, and on-call work
- A minimum of one-year experience in IT or technical support role.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license.
Basic Understanding of
- Computer hardware, operating systems, device drivers, user profiles, and Windows Registry
- Software applications; including office suites, web applications, databases, and headless appliances
- TCP/IP, network architecture, VLANs, routing and network troubleshooting
- IT troubleshooting methodology
- Command Prompt usage and syntax
- Scripting Languages; how they work and how to use them effectively
- Microsoft Active Directory; fundamentals of what it is and its importance in a network
Skill / Ability to
- Work with computer system over remote access
- Help users with safety and security best practices; such as passwords, viruses, and spam
- Applicant must have the character to operate in secure environments without breach of confidentiality
- Lift and carry equipment, install equipment into racks; run cables through racks and offices; work on a ladder
- Utilize various diagnostic tools to monitor system health and solve problems
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Organize and prioritize duties to meet time frames
- Resolve problems using research, diagnosis, and troubleshooting methodologies
- Work with new systems and think of new ways to work, be creative and ask questions
- You must be able to communicate your plans, thoughts, and rationale to team members and management
- The ability to multitask and manage your time responsibly
Applications available at jobs.ktvn.com or at KTVN, 4925 Energy Way, Reno, NV 89502. Please e-mail application, cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. KTVN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.