Senator-Elect Jacky Rosen Announces Senior Staff
Nevada Senator-elect Jacky Rosen (D-NV) will be sworn into office on January 3rd, 2019.
Senator-elect Jacky Rosen (D-NV) has announced her Senatorial office senior staff, including Dara Cohen as Chief of Staff, Jorge Silva as Deputy Chief of Staff and Communications Adviser, Nelson Araujo as State Director, Grant Dubler as Legislative Director, and John Fossum as Administrative Director. Rosen’s senior staff will officially start serving in their respective roles once Senator-elect Rosen is sworn into office on January 3rd, 2019.
“I am thrilled to have such an impressive and diverse group of individuals join my team in both my Nevada and Washington offices,” said Rosen. “This talented group of public servants has proven that they are equally committed to serving the people of Nevada as I am. I know their dedication will go a long way in helping Nevada’s working families get the representation they deserve. We have a lot of work ahead of us, and I’m confident that with this team by my side, we’ll be able to provide Nevadans with the best constituent services available.”
• Dara Cohen previously served as Chief of Staff in Senator-elect Rosen's Congressional office, managing her DC and district staff, guiding legislative priorities, and overseeing the constituent services operation. Cohen brings over a decade of political and government experience, most recently serving as Chief of Staff for Congresswoman Norma Torres (CA-35) and Deputy Chief of Staff for Congressman Bill Enyart (IL-12). Cohen is a graduate of Washington University in St. Louis and received her master’s in public policy from Georgetown University.
• Jorge Silva has more than 15 years of experience and strong ties to Nevada. Most recently, Silva served as Vice President for Communications at Latino Victory Fund. He previously worked on Hillary Clinton’s 2016 Presidential Campaign as the National Director for Hispanic media, and led national and regional Hispanic media for former Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) as the Senator’s senior advisor for Hispanic media and spokesperson. Silva earned his law degree in Mexico and holds a master’s degree in international policy studies from the Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey.
• Nelson Araujo is a Nevada native with extensive experience in public service. Araujo previously served in the Nevada Assembly serving as Assistant Majority Floor Leader in the most recent legislative session. Prior to serving in the Nevada Assembly, Nelson worked for U.S. Senator Harry Reid and the Financial Guidance Center, overseeing a statewide homeowner relief program that helped thousands of Nevada homeowners. He obtained his bachelor’s degree in communication studies and a master’s degree in public administration from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas.
• Grant Dubler will serve as Senator Rosen's Legislative Director, reprising a role he played for Rosen in the House. Prior to working for Rosen, Dubler served for three years on the legislative staff of Congresswoman Lois Frankel (D-FL) and was previously a Law Clerk for the Senate Judiciary Subcommittee on Antitrust, Competition Policy, and Consumer Rights. Dubler received his B.A. in Political Science from the University of Pennsylvania and his J.D. from Georgetown University Law Center.
• John Fossum brings over 16 years of U.S. Senate experience to Senator Rosen’s office. John previously served four other Senators, most notably former Majority Leader Harry Reid. John has a B.S. in Agricultural Economics from North Dakota State University.
(Office of Senator-Elect Jacky Rosen contributed to this report.)