BLM Approves Geothermal Exploration Project Near Fallon
The Bureau of Land Management (BLM), Carson City District-Stillwater Field Office, has completed the final Environmental Assessment (EA) and issued a Decision Record to allow the Coyote Canyon South Geothermal Exploration Project proposed by TGP Dixie Development Company, LLC. The proposed geothermal exploration project is located in Dixie Valley, Churchill County, approximately 50 miles northeast of Fallon, Nevada.
This EA analyzes potential impacts from the proposed exploration activities. The primary objective of the project is to explore for and evaluate the characteristics of the geothermal resources in the Coyote Canyon South Project area. The activities include:
- Constructing and upgrading existing access roads (both on and off the lease);
- Construction of up to 15 well pads;
- Drilling and testing of up to 45 exploration wells (3 possible at each pad);
- Flow testing of exploration wells to determine commercial potential;
- Extraction of gravel from up to 3 locations;
- Construction and use of a temporary personnel camp;
Links to the EA and related documents are located on the BLM website at: http://www.blm.gov/nv/st/en/fo/carson_city_field/blm_information/nepa/nepa_archives.html.