Fire crews are investigating a fire that broke out inside the Ponderosa Hotel in south Reno on Thanksgiving morning.

The fire started just after 10:30am on the third floor of the South Virginia Street hotel. Firefighters managed to keep the fire contained to the one room, which was locked at the time the fire started, though no one was inside.

Firefighters say a few guests on third floor were evacuated as a precaution. The fire activated the building's sprinkler system.

The affected room only received minor damage – while surrounding rooms received smoke and water damage.

No one was hurt.

Firefighters say they smelled gasoline throughout the room, but they are looking into exactly what started the fire.