Morning News Giveaway Rules
HOW TO ENTER:
You may enter the current contest by watching KTVN, Channel 2 News This Morning, 4:30am - 7am Monday through Friday. When a Channel 2 on-air person describes the prize and asks you to call the contest line, the selected caller will win the prize if the caller is able to satisfy the contests’ requirements, which will have been announced ahead of time.
WHO CAN ENTER:
Anyone 18 years of age or older is eligible. Employees of Sarkes Tarzian, Inc., employees of other radio stations or television stations in the Reno metro area, employees of any company supplying prize for promotional consideration and their immediate families are ineligible. Immediate family is defined as: parents, children, spouses, people living in spouse-like relationships, siblings including those in step and half relations where living in the same household. You may only win once every sixty (60) days. Only one winner per household per every sixty (60) days.
The winner will receive a prize with an approximate retail value that will be announced at the time of the contest. All winners must show proper identification and sign a receipt. The prize is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash. Some prizes may be provided to KTVN for promotional consideration. Winners are responsible for all taxes. Prizes must be picked up within 30 days from the date won, at the KTVN Studios, 4925 Energy Way, Reno NV, 89502. All unclaimed prizes become property of KTVN and are forfeited by the winner. KTVN reserves the right to change these rules. Notification of the changes will be made on-air in advance and will be reflected in the written rules. A copy of the rules is available at the KTVN Studios, Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm.
Sparks Florist Morning News Birthday Wish Giveaway Rules
HOW TO ENTER:
You may enter by sending a Birthday Wish to KTVN Channel 2 via U.S. Mail at: KTVN, 4925 Energy Way, Reno, NV 89502 or by clicking on KTVN's web site at: www.ktvn.com, clicking on the Birthday Wish icon on the home page and following the instructions or by calling the Birthday Wish Hot Line at 775-861-4363 and following the verbal instructions.
The Birthday Wish will air on KTVN's morning news program which airs 4:30am to 7:00am Monday through Friday.
On each Friday's broadcast, Channel 2 News will randomly select the winner from Birthday Wishes received that week. To be eligible for the drawing all entries must contain contact information and age indication for the Birthday Wish recipient or the person submitting the Birthday Wish.
WHO CAN ENTER:
The contest is open to all KTVN viewers who are 18 years of age or older. Persons honored with a Birthday Wish are eligible to win so long as contact information is given in the entry. In the event the person receiving the Birthday Wish is under the age of 18, the prize will be awarded to the person who submitted the Birthday Wish so long as contact information is given and they are over age 18. Birthday Wishes submitted without contact information are not eligible for the drawing.
Employees of Sarkes Tarzian, Inc., employees of other radio stations or television stations in the Reno Metro area, employees of any company supplying prizes for promotional consideration and their immediate families are ineligible. Immediate family is defined as: parents, children, spouses, people living in spouse-like relationships, siblings including those in step and half relations where living in the same household. Contestants can win a KTVN contest once every sixty (60) days.
The winner will receive a gift certificate from Sparks Florist worth $50.
All winners must show proper identification and sign a receipt. The prize is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash. Prizes are provided to KTVN for promotional consideration. Winners are responsible for all taxes. Prizes must be picked up within 30 days from the date won, at the KTVN Studios, 4925 Energy Way, Reno NV, 89502. All unclaimed prizes become property of KTVN and are forfeited by the winner. KTVN reserves the right to change these rules. Notification of the changes will be made on-air in advance and will be reflected in the written rules. A copy of the rules is available at the KTVN Studios, Monday through Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
"KTVN-SCHEELS ‘Scheels Weather Kid’ August 2016-June 2017" CONTEST RULES
SARKES TARZIAN, INC.
How to Enter the Contest:
1. The "KTVN-SCHEELS ‘Scheels Weather Kid’ August 2016-June 2017" contest is scheduled to begin on Monday August 1st, 2016 at 9:00am and ends on Thursday June 8th, 2017 at 6:00pm. To participate and enter the contest, go to Scheels, located at 1200 Scheels Drive, Sparks, NV 89434 and fill out a contest entry form located within Scheels by the south entrance of the store. Children age 7-12 are eligible to be chosen as the Scheels “Weather Kid”; a parent or legal guardian, who must be age 18 or older, may complete the entry form with the child’s first name, last name, address, age, school, parent or legal guardian’s name, phone number and date of entry. Place the completed entry form into the Scheels box, labeled “Weather Kid”, located at the south entrance of the store. No mechanically reproduced types of entries will be accepted. Entries are providing information to Scheels and KTVN only.
2. No purchase is necessary to enter. The contest is void where prohibited. Neither Scheels nor KTVN is responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction. By entering this contest, each entrant completely releases Scheels and KTVN from any and all liability.
1. The contest is open to all parents or legal guardians, age 18 or older, of children who are 7 to 12 years of age, at the time of the drawing date, who reside in the Reno DMA. Employees of KTVN, Sarkes Tarzian, Inc., Scheels, participating sponsors/promotional partners, other TV stations in the Reno DMA metropolitan area and the members of their immediate families are ineligible to participate or win. Immediate family members are parents, children, spouses, those in spouse-like relationships, and siblings (including those in step- and half-relationships when living in the same household).
2. Contestants can win a KTVN contest only once every sixty days, and can win a prize valued at $600 or more only once every six months. Only one winner per household is permitted in any contest.
3. All entries received that are duplicate, mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Scheels and Sarkes Tarzian, Inc. and will not be acknowledged or returned.
4. Only one entry per child is permitted within each Entry Period.
1. The prize for each Entry Period is an appearance on Channel 2 News, “Weather Kid” segment plus a Scheels gift card (value is $25). Weather Kid segments will be scheduled on Thursdays, on Channel 2 News, between 5:00pm and 6:00pm for the duration of the contest, with the exception of Thursday Night Football broadcast on KTVN, on Thursday Night Football evenings, Weather Kid will take place the Wednesday before. KTVN Channel 2 News reserves the right to cancel, postpone, or adjust the airdate of the Weather Kid segment based on breaking news and/or the judgment of the News Director and /or the Promotion Manager. The segment may be rescheduled to air at a later date to be announced, at the discretion of the KTVN News Director. Prizes are provided by Scheels in exchange for promotional consideration.
2. All prizes must be picked up at the office of KTVN studios, located at 4925 Energy Way, Reno, Nevada 89502, within thirty days of winning. Any prizes not claimed within thirty days of winning will be forfeited by the winner. If any prize is forfeited, an alternate winner will be selected.
3. Contest prizes are not transferable. Prizes may not be substituted.
Selection of Winners:
1. At approximately 9:00am on the drawing date of each entry period below, KTVN will randomly select, by drawing, a winner and two alternates, from among valid entries for each Entry Period. The winner’s parent or guardian will be contacted by phone. If the winner is not available to appear on the air-date, the prize will then be awarded to the first alternate. If the first alternate is not available on the air-date, the prize will then be awarded to the second alternate. If all three entrants chosen are not available on the air-date, prize is forfeited that week. Remaining valid entries will not carry over to the next
Entry Period- Start Date End Date Drawing Date Air Date
*=Weather Kid held on a Wednesday due to CBS NFL Football on Thursday of that week.
1. 9a Aug 1, 2016 9p Aug 4, 2016 8/5/16 8/11/16
2. 9a Aug 5, 2016 9p Aug 11, 2016 8/12/16 8/18/16
3. 9a Aug 12, 2016 9p Aug 18, 2016 8/19/16 8/25/16
4. 9a Aug 19, 2016 9p Aug 27, 2016 8/26/16 9/1/16
5. 9a Aug 26, 2016 9p Sept 1, 2016 9/2/16 9/8/16
6. 9a Sept 2, 2016 9p Sept 8, 2016 9/9/16 9/14/16*
7. 9a Sept 9, 2016 9p Sept 15, 2016 9/16/16 9/21/16*
8. 9a Sept 16, 2016 9p Sept 22, 2016 9/23/16 9/29/16
9. 9a Sept 23, 2016 9p Oct 6, 2016 10/7/16 10/12/16*
10. 9a Oct 7, 2016 9p Oct 13, 2016 10/14/16 10/19/16*
11. 9a Oct 14, 2016 9p Oct 20, 2016 10/21/16 10/27/16
12. 9a Oct 21, 2016 9p Oct 27, 2016 10/28/16 11/3/16
13. 9a Oct 28, 2016 9p Nov 3, 2016 11/4/16 11/10/16
14. 9a Nov 4, 2016 9p Nov 10, 2016 11/11/16 11/17/16
15. 9a Nov 11, 2016 9p Nov 24, 2016 11/25/16 12/1/16
16. 9a Nov 25, 2016 9p Dec 1, 2016 12/2/16 12/8/16
17. 9a Dec 2, 2016 9p Dec 8, 2016 12/9/16 12/15/16
18. 9a Dec 9, 2016 9p Jan 5, 2017 1/6/17 1/12/17
19. 9a Jan 6, 2017 9p Jan 12, 2017 1/13/17 1/19/17
20. 9a Jan 13, 2017 9p Jan 19, 2017 1/20/17 1/26/17
21. 9a Jan 20, 2017 9p Jan 26, 2017 1/27/17 2/2/17
22. 9a Jan 27, 2017 9p Feb 2, 2017 2/3/17 2/9/17
23. 9a Feb 3, 2017 9p Feb 9, 2017 2/10/17 2/16/17
24. 9a Feb 10, 2017 9p Feb 16, 2017 2/17/17 2/23/17
25. 9a Feb 17, 2017 9p Feb 23, 2017 2/24/17 3/2/17
26. 9a Feb 24, 2017 9p March 2, 2017 3/3/17 3/9/17
27. 9a March 10, 2017 9p March 30, 2017 3/31/17 4/6/17
28. 9a March 31, 2017 9p April 6, 2017 4/7/17 4/13/17
29. 9a April 7, 2017 9p April 13, 2017 4/14/17 4/20/17
30. 9a April 14, 2017 9p April 20, 2017 4/21/17 4/27/17
31. 9a April 21, 2017 9p April 27, 2017 4/28/17 5/4/17
32. 9a April 28, 2017 9p May 4, 2017 5/5/17 5/11/17
33. 9a May 5, 2017 9p May 11, 2017 5/12/17 5/18/17
34. 9a May 12, 2017 9p May 18, 2017 5/19/17 5/25/17
35. 9a May 19, 2017 9p May 25, 2017 5/26/17 6/1/17
36. 9a May 26, 2017 9p June 1, 2017 6/2/17 6/8/17
2. Tie-breaking procedures are not applicable in this contest. These rules are subject to the interpretation of KTVN and Scheels management. Decisions of station management & Scheels are final and binding.
3. The winner’s parent or legal guardian, as listed on the contest entry form, will be notified by phone. Before claiming the prize, the winner’s parent or legal guardian must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to the Station at the time of notification. The winner’s parent or legal guardian must come to the KTVN studios, located at 4925 Energy Way, Reno, Nevada 89502, within thirty days of winning, show a valid driver's license or other valid government issued ID, as well as sign a receipt and promotional and liability release and IRS W-9 form. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
1. Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winners will be reported to the IRS on IRS Form 1099 or the equivalent.
2. By participating in the contest, and filling out the entry form, each winner’s parent or legal guardian agrees to allow their child’s name, voice, and/or likeness to be used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest for a period of one year without additional financial or other compensation.
3. Contest winner’s parent or legal guardians are required to sign a receipt verifying eligibility prior to acceptance of the prize.
4. KTVN, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, or who is otherwise in violation of the rules. The station further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the contest if it is not capable of completion as planned, including tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort.
5. These rules are subject to the interpretation of KTVN. Any aspect of these rules, including the substitution of a prize or prizes of equivalent or greater value, can be changed at the discretion of KTVN. The contest is void where prohibited.
6. Failure to comply with the contest rules may result in a contestant's disqualification, at the sole discretion of KTVN.
7. KTVN is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest or in the announcement of any prize. KTVN is not responsible for any failure or inability to participate in the contest, whether due to telephone difficulties, television reception difficulties, internet difficulties, internet service provider difficulties, any form of equipment malfunction, busy lines, or as a result of any other cause whatsoever.
8. Copies of the written contest rules are available during regular business hours 8:00am-5:00pm at the main studio of KTVN Channel 2, located at 4925 Energy Way, Reno, Nevada 89502, or by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to KTVN at the address above.
9. A list of winners will be available after June 9, 2017. To request the list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to KTVN, located at 4925 Energy Way, Reno, Nevada 89502, within 90 days of the announced end date of the contest.