1 dead, 7 ill after carbon monoxide exposure in California
BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (AP) - Authorities say a man died and seven other people were hospitalized after they were exposed to carbon monoxide at a Southern California home.
Kern County officials say crews were initially sent to the house in Bakersfield on Saturday following reports of a fire.
Firefighters found no flames but they did find what they determined was a medical emergency, with multiple people suffering from carbon monoxide exposure.
KBAK-TV reports one man was pronounced dead. Seven others were hospitalized in unknown condition.
The incident is under investigation.
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.