Squaw Valley Fire Department wants people in the high Sierra to remember to clear vents when snow levels get too high. Heavy snow on rooftops can also present a danger to people below.

In a press release, Squaw Valley Fire wants to stress the danger carbon monoxide poisoning if certain household system vents, like gas stoves, dryers, and heaters. They say if it's safe to do so, you should always clear those vents and the area around it. They also recommend everyone has a carbon monoxide detector in their home.

In Incline Village, the roads were still pretty icy Monday, and snow berms on the sides of the road were several feet high in some parts. One resident loves the heavy snow.

"It feels like home again," resident Rochelle Comeaux said with a chuckle. "It feels good to have a winter where we get snowstorm after snowstorm and a couple years ago when we had the big winter it was overwhelming, but this winter feels just right."

With heavy snow build up on roofs, Comeaux says it's important to be aware of your surroundings, especially on warmer days with more snow melt.

"I worked at Northstar for years and we always try to keep all the instructors aware with the little kids where they're walking," Comeaux said. "Because you never know when a huge bank of snow is going to slide off."

"I've fortunately never seen someone impaled by an icicle," Comeaux said. "But it would be awful."

You should not remove icicles from your home, because trying to knock them down could damage your gutters or your home in other ways, and icicles are often large enough to do severe damage to someone if it falls on them.

While avoiding icicles, it's not a bad idea to clear some snow off your roof if it's safe, especially if there's a storm on the way like this week.

"I've definitely heard of roofs caving in, especially a couple winters back," Comeaux said. "And I know it's something people are very aware of this winter. So I've seen people sharing ideas like using a rope to get the snow off your roof and clearing spaces away."