Aces Win 10-5 in Front of Sellout Crowd
The Aces scored 10 runs on 13 hits. 10,311 fans were greeted by an offensive showing from Kevin Cron, who went 2-for-4 with two doubles and 3 RBI. ..
– Independence Day baseball between the Reno Aces and Sacramento River Cats went in the favor of the home team, by a score of 10-5. The Aces scored 10 runs on 13 hits. 10,311 fans were greeted by an offensive showing from Kevin Cron, who went 2-for-4 with two doubles and 3 RBI. Starting pitcher Matt Koch went 6.0 innings and allowed two runs on one hit. The win moves the Aces to a record of 39-47 on the season, 11.5 games back out of first place.
Sacramento wasted no time taking the lead in tonight’s contest. Chris Shaw hit a two-run home run to center field in the top of the first inning to give the River Cats a 2-0 lead. The Aces would cut the lead in half during the bottom of the inning with a Christian Walker RBI double scoring Socrates Brito. In the third inning, Reno would blow open the game with a six-run outpour. Cron hit a two-RBI double, Michael Perez launched his sixth home run of the season, Rey Fuentes had an RBI double, and Koch chipped in an RBI single. Koch would keep the River Cats at bay offensively for six innings where he only allowed one hit and struck out six Sacramento batters. The Aces bullpen followed suit with Randall Delgado, Jake Barrett, and Albert Suarez. Reno relievers went three innings, allowed three hits and three runs to close out the win. The River Cats plated two in the eighth and one in the ninth, but it wouldn’t be enough to catch the Aces who picked up the 10-3 victory. 10,311 fans is the fourth-most in franchise history and fifth consecutive game on Independence Day with over 10,000.
Top Performers - Reno
• Michael Perez (3-for-4, HR, 3 RBI)
• Kevin Cron (2-for-4, 2B (2), 3 RBI)
• Matt Koch (6.0 IP, 1 H, 6 SO)
Top Performers – Sacramento
• Chris Shaw (2-for-4, 2 R, HR)
• Grégor Blanco (1-for-2, 2 R, 2 RBI, 2 BB)
• Tyler Rogers (2.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB)
Notes & Information
SOLD OUT: Tonight's Aces game was sold out! Greater Nevada Field welcomed 10,311 fans tonight. Reno has had 48 total sellouts since 2009 and three this season. Reno also out drew the Miami Marlines tonight at Marlines Park who only had 7,572 fans in attendance. This is the fifth consecutive Fourth of July where Greater Nevada Field has hosted over 10,000 fans. Prior to tonight, the last sellout came on June 2, 2018, vs. Las Vegas.
Game of Crons: Kevin Cron recorded his 15th multi-RBI game of the season tonight thanks to two RBI-doubles. Cron has three games of 6+ RBI, two 4-RBI showings, three 3-RBI nights and seven 2-RBI contests. His 15 multi-RBI performances lead the Aces this season. Cron had 23 multi-RBi games last season with Double-A Jackson.