Prescription Drug Take Back Day Today
Thousands of communities across the country will be participating in National Drug Take Back Day this Saturday
Thousands of communities across the country will be participating in National Drug Take Back Day this week.
Officials say more than half of overdose deaths are from prescription opioids.
That’s why the Douglas County Sheriff's Office will be collecting unused prescription drugs on Saturday, April 28th.
From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. - they'll be at these five drop-off locations:
- Walmart north, 3770 Highway 395 in Carson City
- Walgreens, 1342 Highway 395 in Gardnerville
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office, Ranchos substation 1281 Kimmerling in Gardnerville
- East Fork Fire and Paramedic station #4, 1476 Albite Road in Topaz Ranch Estates
- Safeway grocery store at 212 Elks Point Road in Zephyr Cove
Meanwhile, in Washoe County, more than 2.3 million pills have been collected and destroyed since round-up events started in 2009.
These Washoe County locations will be collecting unwanted prescription drugs also from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.:
- Raleys - 18144 Wedge Parkway, Reno
- SaveMart – 105—N. McCarran Blvd., Reno
- Scolari’s – 4788 Caughlin Parkway, Reno
- Smith’s – 175 Lemmon Drive, Reno
- UNR Lawlor Events Center, 15th Street and N. Virginia Street, Reno
- CVS - 680 N. McCarran Blvd, Sparks
- Walgreens – 3000 Vista Blvd., Sparks
Residents outside of Washoe County who’d like to dispose of their prescription drugs can visit www.dea.gov to find a collection site near them.
Carson City area residents can go to the following locations between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Smith’s Food and Drug at 599 East William Street
- FoodMaxx at 3325 Highway 50 East
- SaveMart at 3620 North Carson Street
- SaveMart at 4348 South Carson Street
Truckee is also offering a drop off location: From 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Gateway Shopping Center.
They say if you cannot make this event, please utilize permanent Rx Drug Bins located at the Truckee Police Department and the Placer County Sheriff's Office- Tahoe Station.