Reno Fire: Car Crashes Into Gas Meter and Causes Leak - KTVN Channel 2 - Reno Tahoe Sparks News, Weather, Video

Reno Fire: Car Crashes Into Gas Meter and Causes Leak

Posted: Updated:

Reno Fire and NV Energy have confirmed that a car crashed into a bank of 5 gas meters at 1111 Steamboat Parkway in Damonte Ranch Tuesday night.

NV Energy crews say the gas for that meter has been turned off. Reno Fire tells us the leak forced evacuations in the 400-450 block of businesses.

Reno Fire says the pipe below ground has serious damage. They are asking everyone to please avoid the area. 

NV Energy worked on repairs however it is not known whether or not the businesses in the shopping center will run as usual on Wednesday.

An employee at the Subway on Steamboat Parkway says the crash happened at the building across from Home Depot. She says a customer was told that businesses in the affected building had to be evacuated.

We will update you as details as they become available.

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 Sarkes Tarzian, Inc. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.