Nevada is now 17-10 (9-6 MW) after defeating Utah State (13-13, 5-10 MW) in a Mountain West game 73-68 tonight at Lawlor Events Center.
· The Wolf Pack hosts Colorado State (15-13, 7-8 MW) on Sunday at 2 p.m. The game will air on ROOT Sports.
· Sunday’s game with Colorado State is a blackout and 7,000 black shirts will be given away.
· At 9-6 Nevada is tied for third in the MW with Boise State and New Mexico.
· Senior Tyron Criswell led the Pack with game-highs in points (23) and rebounds (16).
· Criswell’s 16 rebounds is a career-high and the 23 points is his second career 20-point game also coming this season. His career- high is 26 points versus Fresno Pacific.
· It was Criswell’s fifth double-double of the season and sixth of his career.
· The 23 points marked the fourth time he led the team in scoring and third time he posted a game high.
· Freshman Cameron Oliver was a rebound short of his sixth double-double finishing with 15 points, 9 rebounds and three blocks.
· Oliver has a block in 26-of-27 games and two or more in 20 games.
· Senior Marqueze Coleman finished with 10 points to reach double figures for the 22nd time this season.
· Coleman sprained his ankle after hitting a 3-pointer with 16:20 to play and did not return. The 3-pointer tied the game at 37.
· Coleman entered the game 25th on Nevada’s career scoring list but is now 23rd with 1,043 points in the Silver & Blue.
· Junior D.J. Fenner scored 14 points, 10 in the second half.
· Fenner scored 10 consecutive points in the final 4:12 of the game. Freshman Lindsey Drew’s two free throws with 8 seconds to play were the only points in the final 12 not scored by Fenner.
· Nevada’s 17 wins is eight more than the nine last season.
· The nine MW wins is four more than last year. The 2013-14 team won a Pack high 10 games to finish in a tie for third.
· Nevada is 8-3 in games decided by five points or less.
· Nevada improved to 10-2 at home.