No Charges in Florida for Kaepernick, 2 Other NFL Players - KTVN Channel 2 - Reno Tahoe News Weather, Video -

No Charges in Florida for Kaepernick, 2 Other NFL Players

Posted: Updated:
Prosecutors in Miami have decided not to file charges against San Francisco 49ers star quarterback Colin Kaepernick and two other NFL players in an incident involving a woman at a downtown hotel.
 
A memo released Thursday by the Miami-Dade County State Attorney's Office said there was insufficient evidence that any crime was committed in the hotel room in April. Tests indicated the woman was not sexually assaulted and other evidence backed up the players' contention that nothing happened.

Kaepernick consistently denied any wrongdoing. Earlier this month the 49ers gave the 26-year-old a $126 million, six-year contract extension that will keep him in San Francisco through 2020.

The other players in the room that night were 49ers wide receiver Quinton Patton, and Seattle Seahawks wide receiver Ricardo Lockette.  (AP)
  • Today's Top StoriesMore>>

  • Pedro Martinez will Return to Work Friday

    Pedro Martinez will Return to Work Friday

    Thursday, July 31 2014 9:50 PM EDT2014-08-01 01:50:16 GMT
    Pedro Martinez tells Channel 2 News that he will return to work Friday as the Superintendent of the Washoe County School District. More >>
    Pedro Martinez tells Channel 2 News that he will return to work Friday as the Superintendent of the Washoe County School District. More >>
  • Congress Sends VA Overhaul to White House

    Congress Sends VA Overhaul to White House

    Thursday, July 31 2014 9:04 PM EDT2014-08-01 01:04:29 GMT
    Congress has passed a landmark bill to help veterans avoid long waits for health care and fix other problems at the Department of Veterans Affairs.More >>
    Congress has passed a landmark bill to help veterans avoid long waits for health care and fix other problems at the Department of Veterans Affairs.More >>
  • Tesla Prepares Site Near Reno, But Still Evaluating Other Factory Locations

    Tesla Prepares Site Near Reno, But Still Evaluating Other Factory Locations

    Thursday, July 31 2014 9:01 PM EDT2014-08-01 01:01:03 GMT
    Electric car maker Tesla Motors says it is preparing a site near Reno, as a possible location for its new battery factory, but is still evaluating other locations. In a statement, Tesla says it broke ground on the site in June, and adds that it will decide on the final location for the $5 billion factory in the next few months.More >>
    Electric car maker Tesla Motors says it is preparing a site near Reno, as a possible location for its new battery factory, but is still evaluating other locations. In a statement, Tesla says it broke ground on the site in June, and adds that it will decide on the final location for the $5 billion factory in the next few months.More >>
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and Sarkes Tarzian, Inc. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.