Discarded Cigarettes Lead to Deadly Apartment Fire - KTVN Channel 2 - Reno Tahoe News Weather, Video -

Discarded Cigarettes Lead to Deadly Apartment Fire

Posted: Updated:
According to the Reno Fire Department, a 52-year-old woman died Friday evening after a fire broke out at the Iron Blossom Apartments on East Patriot Boulevard.

Battalion Chief Steve Leighton says the fire broke out just after 5:30 p.m. Friday. They say smoke was pouring out of one unit on the first floor of one of the two-story apartment buildings. Firefighters forced entry and found a woman lying unconscious on the floor.

Firefighters puller her out of the apartment but they say resuscitation efforts, including CPR, were unsuccessful. They say she suffered third-degree burns to about 40% of her body. Her identity is being withheld at this time.

Chief Leighton says the fire was caused by carelessly discarded cigarettes.
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and Sarkes Tarzian, Inc. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.