From the National Weather Service:
A winter storm watch remains in effect from late Friday through late Saturday night for Mono County in California and Douglas and Washoe Counties in Nevada.
* Timing: light snow Friday night will intensify by early Saturday morning and continue into Saturday night.
* Snow accumulations: 1 to 2 feet above 7000 feet...with 6 to 10 inches down to lake level are possible.
* Winds: southwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Snow levels: 6,500 to 7,000 feet Saturday morning falling to lake level Saturday afternoon.
* Impacts: heavy snow may create low visibility along with hazardous travel conditions. Be prepared for possible delays and chain controls especially over Sierra passes.
There is a potential for significant snow accumulations that may create hazardous winter driving conditions. Continue to monitor the latest forecasts at weather.gov/reno or listen to NOAA Weather Radio.
From the National Weather Service