Person Found Dead in Apartment After Fire - KTVN Channel 2 - Reno Tahoe Sparks News, Weather, Video

Person Found Dead in Apartment After Fire

Posted: Updated:

Fire crews with the Reno Fire Department are trying to figure out what led to a fire inside an apartment that killed a person Monday night.

Fire crews say they responded to the apartment just after 8 p.m. in the 200 block of Limberpine Drive near Lemmon Valley.

They tell us a neighbor concerned for the well being of the occupant went to the apartment to check on the person. They say when she got inside she found the body and what appeared to be the remnants of a fire.

She called 911 and when fire and medical personal arrived, they declared the person deceased.

A battalion chief with the Reno Fire Department says he believes the apartment was well sealed, causing the fire to run out of oxygen and extinguish itself.

He also says initial findings point to the fire as the cause of death, though an autopsy will need to be performed for an official cause of death.

The name and gender of the person killed were not immediately released.

No one else was injured in the blaze.

  • NewsMore>>

  • Animal Shelter to Stop Labeling Dog Breeds

    Animal Shelter to Stop Labeling Dog Breeds

    Saturday, July 22 2017 2:51 AM EDT2017-07-22 06:51:14 GMT

    The  Humane Society of Truckee-Tahoe is encouraging adopters to not judge a book by its cover, or in this case, judge a pup by its spots. For about a month now, the shelter has removed all breed labels from its description of adoptable dogs. 

    More >>

    The  Humane Society of Truckee-Tahoe is encouraging adopters to not judge a book by its cover, or in this case, judge a pup by its spots. For about a month now, the shelter has removed all breed labels from its description of adoptable dogs. 

    More >>
  • Brush Fire in Sparks Spreads to Nearby Apartments

    Brush Fire in Sparks Spreads to Nearby Apartments

    Saturday, July 22 2017 1:28 AM EDT2017-07-22 05:28:33 GMT

    A brush fire that broke out in the 1900 block of C Street in Sparks quickly spread to a nearby apartment complex.

    More >>

    A brush fire that broke out in the 1900 block of C Street in Sparks quickly spread to a nearby apartment complex.

    More >>
  • Brush Fire Threatens North Reno Homes and Businesses

    Brush Fire Threatens North Reno Homes and Businesses

    Saturday, July 22 2017 1:26 AM EDT2017-07-22 05:26:18 GMT
    Courtesy: Laurie AmesCourtesy: Laurie Ames

    A brush fire threatened several homes and businesses in north Reno before firefighters were able to put it out.

    More >>

    A brush fire threatened several homes and businesses in north Reno before firefighters were able to put it out.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 Sarkes Tarzian, Inc. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.