CBS Correspondent Apologizes for Report on Benghazi Attack - KTVN Channel 2 - Reno Tahoe News Weather, Video -

CBS Correspondent Apologizes for Report on Benghazi Attack

Posted: Updated:

CBS is admitting it made a major mistake in a controversial "60 Minutes" report on the deadly attack against a U.S. diplomatic outpost in Benghazi, Libya.

A British security contractor told that broadcast he was there the night of last year's attack and even fought back militants at the compound. But, the New York Times reports the contractor said something else to investigators.

The paper cites two senior government officials who say the contractor told the FBI he did not go the Benghazi compound on the night of the September attack.

CBS correspondent Lara Logan Friday apologized for the "60 Minutes" report and says the network was "wrong."

The episode raised questions about the Obama administration's response to last year's attack, which left four Americans dead, including Ambassador Christopher Stevens.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and Sarkes Tarzian, Inc. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.