From Washoe County:
Most Washoe County offices will be closed Monday, Nov. 11 for Veterans Day.
The following will be closed:
• Administrative offices at the Washoe County Complex on Ninth Street in Reno.
• All Washoe County Libraries. Additionally, the following libraries will also be closed Tuesday, Nov. 12: Duncan/Traner, Incline Village, North Valleys, Northwest, Senior Center, Sierra View, South Valleys & Sparks. Visit www.washoecountylibrary.us to place a hold, renew a checkout, download eBooks, research databases and more.
• Washoe County Senior Services facilities.
• The Washoe County District Court.
• The Washoe County District Attorney's Office.
The following will be open:
• The Washoe County Sheriff's Office reception/front desk.
• The office of the County Clerk at the Washoe County Complex on Ninth Street and Wells Avenue in Reno will remain open throughout the holiday from 8 a.m. to midnight for the issuance of marriage licenses, fictitious firm name and notary bond filings, as well as property tax payments for the Treasurer's Office.
From Washoe County
From the City of Reno:
Reno City Hall and City Administrative Offices will be closed Monday, November 11, 2011 in observance of Veterans Day.
For holidays hours for recreation facilities please visit Reno.gov.
Even with City offices closed, residents can still visit Reno.gov and access the "Online Services" menu to pay parking tickets, sewer bills, court fees, register for classes, file a police report, or enter a service request for Reno Direct.
Reno's Veterans Day Parade ceremonies will begin at 11:00 a.m. at the Powning Veterans Memorial Park, 150 South Virginia Street (corner of Court and Virginia Streets). Ceremonies will include the singing of the National Anthem, a performance of Taps, and dignitaries placing a wreath in the Truckee River. The parade will start at 11:11 a.m. on South Virginia Street at Court Street and will travel northbound to 5th Street. The parade theme this year is "Never Forgotten, Honoring our Korean War Veterans, Celebrating 60 Years of Peace".
In addition, from 9:00 a.m. until 1:30 p.m., the City of Reno is hosting a Veterans Day Open House to commemorate the 70th anniversary of the USS Reno Light Cruiser named for the City of Reno at Reno City Hall (1 East First Street).
From the City of Reno
Truckee Meadows Community College (TMCC) will be closed Monday, November 11 in honor of Veteran's Day. All campuses will reopen on Tuesday, November 12.