From Jax Marketing & Communications:
On November 11, Americans throughout the world will commemorate Veterans Day to thank our nation's veterans for service given and sacrifices made to protect the freedoms of this nation. In conjunction with more than a thousand Veterans & Family Memorial Care (VFMC) Providers nationwide, Walton's Funerals & Cremations is sponsoring the VFMC Operation Sweaters for Veterans initiative throughout Northern Nevada and Susanville.
Now through Veterans Day, November 11, Walton's is collecting new or gently used sweaters and gloves, which will be delivered to the Homeless Veterans Outreach Program and other veterans service organizations. "This is just one small way we can support our heroes, and we're honored to do our part," said Tammy Dermody, owner of Walton's.
New or gently used sweaters can be dropped off at any Walton's location:
• Walton's Sierra Chapel, 875 W. Second Street Reno, NV 89503
• Walton's Sparks, 1745 Sullivan Lane Sparks, NV 89431
• Walton's Gardnerville, 1521 Church St. Gardnerville, NV 89410
• Walton's Chapel of the Valley, 1281 North Roop St. Carson City, NV 89706
• Walton's Colonial Mortuary, 115 South Lassen Street, Susanville, CA 96103
• Ross, Burke & Knobel, 1538 C Street Sparks, NV 89431
• Ross, Burke & Knobel, 2155 Kietzke Lane Reno, NV 89502
• O'Brien-Rogers & Crosby, Reno 600 West Second Street Reno, NV 89503
In addition, Walton's is the Official Cell Phones for Soldiers drop off center. People are invited to bring in their old cell phones to recycle and convert into One Hour of Free Talk time for our heroes overseas. Everyone in the community is invited to support our veterans and military heroes by donating sweaters, gloves and old cell phones at Walton's.
Walton's has been Nevada's trusted source for funeral services for more than 50 years. For more information, please visit www.waltonsfuneralhomes.com.
From Jax Marketing & Communications