Ashes Cause House Fire in Sparks - KTVN Channel 2 - Reno Tahoe Sparks News, Weather, Video

Ashes Cause House Fire in Sparks

Posted: Updated:

Sparks firefighters say ashes that were improperly thrown away caused a fire that spread to a home Friday morning.

Firefighters responded to a home on 9th Street just before 9:30.

There they found a fire had started in a garbage can and spread to the home. They were able to put it out quickly and no one was home at the time.

Firefighters say when disposing of ashes or coals, put them in a metal can and douse them with water before allowing then to sit for days because they can remain hot for a long time.

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 Sarkes Tarzian, Inc. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.