From the Food Bank of Northern Nevada:
The Food Bank of Northern Nevada is participating in the national Hunger in America 2014 study, an in-depth, quadrennial look at our clients, in an effort to find ways to better serve those in need in our community. As part of the study, the Food Blank of Northern Nevada is looking to recruit volunteers from the community to help facilitate the survey.
"The Hunger Study gives us vital information about our work and who we are serving, said Cherie Jamason, president and CEO of the Food Bank of Northern Nevada. We use the data to identify opportunities to better serve those who are hungry."
The Food Bank of Northern Nevada, part of the Feeding America network, is participating in the study along with nearly 200 other food banks across the country. When completed, Hunger in America will be the largest study of charitable food assistance in the United States, providing comprehensive and statistically-valid data on the charitable food distribution system and the people being served by the Feeding America network.
The last study, Hunger in America 2010, resulted in an extremely detailed report, drawing on data from more than 61,000 interviews with clients and surveys of 37,000 feeding agencies.
If you would like to volunteer, please contact Bill Kolton at 331-3663 ext. 118 or firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information about you you.
1. Availability: When can you start and for how long? (dates)
2. What days of the week and hours of the day are you available?
3. How many hours per week could you volunteer?
4. Are you fluent in any languages besides English?
5. Did you volunteer during the Hunger Study 2009?
6. Do you have a reliable vehicle that you are willing to use to travel to interview sites?
Hunger Study Fast Facts for Volunteers
1. Volunteer training will begin in March and will continue through May 2013
2. Training sessions will be held at various locations and times
3. Interviews will take place from May – August 2013 at various locations throughout the Food Bank service area (northern Nevada and California)
4. Here is what we are looking for in our Hunger Study volunteers:
• Interest in the study and its purpose
• Enthusiasm, flexibility and patience
• Strong computer and internet skills
• Capable of interacting positively with diverse populations
• Comfortable approaching clients and asking them to complete the survey
• Will use good judgment and show sensitivity towards clients
• Have the ability/interest to travel (by car) throughout the Food Bank service area
From the Food Bank of Northern Nevada