Ex-Walmart Employee Guilty of Reno Bomb Threat - KTVN Channel 2 - Reno Tahoe News Weather, Video -

Ex-Walmart Employee Guilty of Reno Bomb Threat

Posted: Updated:

RENO, Nev. (AP) -- A former Reno Walmart employee has pleaded guilty to a charge related to making threats to shoot his boss and plant a bomb inside the store earlier this year.

Justin Robert Wilt pleaded guilty Wednesday to the charge of communication of a bomb threat.

The Reno Gazette-Journal reports that his attorneys intend to ask Washoe District Judge Brent Adams to order the 31-year-old to the county's mental health court for a future sentencing hearing.

Police say Wilt made the threats to co-workers in February after being scolded for taking an unapproved two-hour lunch break at the Kietzke Lane store. Police say he was arrested with a loaded revolver in his pocket, but he had a concealed weapon permit and told investigators he didn't really intend to shoot anyone.

------

Information from: Reno Gazette-Journal

  • Today's Top StoriesMore>>

  • Reno Police, FBI Investigate String of Fake Ransom Calls

    Reno Police, FBI Investigate String of Fake Ransom Calls

    Wednesday, September 3 2014 2:51 AM EDT2014-09-03 06:51:12 GMT
    Reno Police are working with the FBI on an investigation into a string of fake ransom calls Tuesday morning.More >>
    Reno Police are working with the FBI on an investigation into a string of fake ransom calls Tuesday morning.More >>
  • Suspect Killed in Officer-Involved Shooting Identified

    Suspect Killed in Officer-Involved Shooting Identified

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 9:19 PM EDT2014-09-03 01:19:35 GMT
    The Washoe County Medical Examiner's Office has identified 42-year-old Royal Shawn Bingamen, from Idaho, as the armed robbery suspect who was killed in a shootout with Reno police Sunday night.More >>
    The Washoe County Medical Examiner's Office has identified 42-year-old Royal Shawn Bingamen, from Idaho, as the armed robbery suspect who was killed in a shootout with Reno police Sunday night.More >>
  • State Attorney General Files suit against the Washoe School Trustees

    State Attorney General Files suit against the Washoe School Trustees

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 7:08 PM EDT2014-09-02 23:08:29 GMT
    The list of legal problems for the Washoe School District grew this morning as the State Attorney General's Office filed six counts each against the six trustees involved in the Pedro Martinez suit. But The School Board's outside counsel says he began working on settlement in that matter since last Wednesday and able to file it immediately. The suit alleges the trustees made six different violations to the State Open Meeting Law and that they should be paying $500 per violation. Those violati...More >>
    The list of legal problems for the Washoe School District grew this morning as the State Attorney General's Office filed six counts each against the six trustees involved in the Pedro Martinez suit. But The School Board's outside counsel says he began working on settlement in that matter since last Wednesday and able to file it immediately. The suit alleges the trustees made six different violations to the State Open Meeting Law and that they should be paying $500 per violation. Those violati...More >>
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and Sarkes Tarzian, Inc. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.