Stove Ignition Blamed for Genoa Station Grill & Bar Fire - KTVN Channel 2 - Reno Tahoe Sparks News, Weather, Video

Stove Ignition Blamed for Genoa Station Grill & Bar Fire

Posted: Updated:

Firefighters say a stove ignition is to blame for a fire that destroyed much of a bar and grill in Genoa Friday morning.

The fire started before 9am Friday the Genoa Station Grill and Bar located next to the historic town hall on Main Street.

Firefighters say the kitchen wall caught on fire after a commercial stove was ignited.

No one was hurt and crews contained the blaze to the kitchen and attic areas. Damage is estimated at $75,000.

Nearly 20 firefighters with the East Fork Fire and Paramedic District responded to the blaze along with the Douglas County Sheriff's Office and the Nevada Highway Patrol.

A portion of State Route 206 was closed for about two hours while crews fought the blaze.

The Genoa Station Grill and Bar is *not the historic Genoa bar built in 1853. This building is about 18 years old and was renovated last year by its owners.

Written by Kellene Stockwell


Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 Sarkes Tarzian, Inc. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.