Participating Chili's® Grill & Bar restaurants nationwide are making Monday, Sept. 24 count in a significant way during the brand's annual Donate Profits Day. On this day, Chili's contributes 100 percent of net profits to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital®. Every September for National Childhood Cancer Awareness month, Chili's Create-A-Pepper to Fight Childhood Cancer campaign offers guests a number of in-restaurant and digital opportunities designed to raise money for St. Jude.
Now in the ninth year of the Create-A-Pepper campaign, Chili's has donated more than $41 million to St. Jude, moving toward accomplishing the brand's $50 million, 10-year commitment to the hospital and its mission of finding cures for childhood cancer and other catastrophic diseases. Once completed, Chili's contribution will be the largest donation from a single partner campaign in St. Jude history.
"Chili's has been an amazing partner and supporter of our mission, and we look forward to the Create-A-Pepper campaign every September," said Richard Shadyac Jr., CEO of ALSAC/St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. "Because of the funds raised through the campaign and on Donate Profits Day, no family ever pays St. Jude for anything, and our families can focus on celebrating life's special moments."
In addition to participating in Chili's Donate Profits Day, guests can contribute to the Create-A-Pepper campaign now through Sept. 26 by:
• Making a donation to St. Jude and coloring a signature chili pepper coloring sheet, which are displayed in restaurants throughout the month;
• Buying a Create-A-Pepper Zipper Pull for only $4*; and
• Purchasing a Create-A-Pepper T-shirt for $12*.
*at least 45 percent of the purchase price of each zipper pull and T-shirt sold will be donated to St. Jude.
Utilizing digital initiatives is another way to spread awareness about the campaign. Guests can also:
• Visit the Create-A-Pepper website (www.createapepper.com) and create a digital coloring sheet to post on Facebook and share with friends and family;
• Donate directly online through a mobile-optimized website hosted by St. Jude (www.stjude.org/capdonate);
• Sign up for Chili's Email Club to receive exclusive offers, including information about the campaign;
• Receive a calendar reminder to dine in-restaurants on Donate Profits Day through Chili's Email Club and the Create-A-Pepper website;
• Stay informed about the Create-A-Pepper campaign by becoming a fan on Facebook (www.facebook.com/chilis);
• Visit the new Create-A-Pepper Board on Pinterest (www.pinterest.com/chilis/create-a-pepper) for patient biographies and campaign-related pictures; and
• Follow Chili's on Twitter (www.twitter.com/chilis) and use the campaign hashtags, #CreateAPepper and #DonateProfitsDay, to show support for St. Jude!
"Chili's passion is making people feel special, and every September our team members and guests do just that, rallying behind the children of St. Jude to raise money and carry out the hospital's lifesaving work," said Wyman Roberts, president of Chili's Grill & Bar. "By simply dining at Chili's and eating their favorite food next Monday, guests everywhere can positively impact a child's life."
To learn more or make an online donation to the campaign, visit www.createapepper.com