Accident Gunshot Fired Inside Sparks Movie Theater
Sparks Police say a man's firearm accidentally went off inside the Century Theaters in Sparks Tuesday night.
Police tell us multiple shots fired calls came in right around 8:40pm Tuesday. Officers say the man had a concealed weapon on him, the gun fell out of his pocket and it discharged when it hit the ground.
Witnesses told police the man got up, apologized and left before police got there.
No bystanders were hurt but police say they later found the man at a local hospital. He suffered a gunshot wound to his buttocks.
Police say the man is cooperating with the investigation and police say he does have a valid concealed carry permit.
Police tell us once the investigation is complete, the case will be handed over to the City Attorney's Office for possible charges.
We'll bring you any new information on this story as we get it.