McDonald's Holds Metzker Fundraiser, CommRow Silent Auction
Forty-one McDonald's restaurants across northern Nevada and even parts of California participated in a fundraiser for the Metzker Family Fund Wednesday night.
"Giving 20% of our sales from 4pm to 7pm tonight. The area McDonald's from Susanville all the way to Minden, from South Shore all the way to Battle Mountain."
McDonald's supervisor Pete Cencor has been a part of the Reno community since 1982 watching JK over the years. He says this community has been through so much the last six months it was time to give back.
And if you can't make it -- there's another fundraiser for the family Thursday at CommRow.
From 4pm to close 15% of all food, drink and climbing sales will go to the family along with the money raised in a silent auction.
- Autographed CBS Series scripts – (3) NCIS, The Young & the Restless, CSI: NY
- Granite Street - $100 gift certificate
- Campo - $200
- Wild River Grill - $400 Dinner and Show for 4 in January, Young Frankenstein
- Lindell's Painting - waiting
- Eldorado - 4 tickets to Blake Shelton, Wednesday March 14th
- Eldorado - 4 tickets to Peter Pan
- Harrah's Steak House - (2) $100 Gift certificates
- Hurricane Baseball – Private, one-hour hitting, pitching, fielding or throwing lesson
- Nevada Dirtworks – handcrafted pottery piece
- CommRow – One-year BaseCamp Family Membership
- Virginia House Nursery – Christmas Tree
- Savage and Sons Plumbing - $250 donation
- Mount Rose Heating and Air - $250 donation
- Reno Iron Works - $250 donation
- Lindell's Painting - $250 donation
Businesses can help by donating to that auction or having a booth at the benefit.
And bands and entertainers are also encouraged to take part.
Just call CommRow at 398-5435 for more information.
Along with that -- there will also be a memorial basketball game in honor of JK at the Wild West shootout Thursday.